My blog will cover some of the aspects of photography that I enjoy. Please enjoy the images and commentary I post.
I have been away from posting items here in some time. Back to posting here and there. In this time, photography continues but for fun. i will continue to add images of items I have photographed. I have since repaired one microscope and aquired phase contrast for a compound microscope. Below is an image on my site of diatoms that were collected along the Central Coast of California mostly in San Mateo County. These were collected using a phytoplankton net and the samples were scanned until all the resulting diatoms and dynoflagellates were extracted. This final image is a combination of both organisms. I used photoshop to compose the final image
I am still working on Loteria. I thought that by now I would be finished but to make it photo realistic is going to take longer than I thought. Mainly, because the last 17 images are difficult to reproduce because of many reasons. So with that this weekend I finished El Pescado.
La Sirena I did several months ago and wondering if I should post her as topless like the original version. With the model I worked with, we did both topless and with a bra. In the end I am posting the image with a bra. If ever I get to show my Loteria in a gallery, I would show the topless image. Finding a model with the long hair was the only difficult part. Then it was a matter of just getting my Photoshop skills to make the image work. Like most of these images, this was taken in my studio.
Today I uploaded El Musico. This was not as difficult as dressing some of the other humans in Loteria. I only made a few rounds to vintage stores in San Francisco to find the clothing. I made the red bow tie and the music sheets and guitar case were brought to the shoot by my friend and great Bay Area salsa singer Julio Bravo. I really wanted a musician for this card and found that in Julio. The image was easy to produce for me in Photoshop. I took the original and placed Julio into the card. I hope you continue to see the many more images I have for my version of Loteria.
Producing Las Jaras was more involved. It required for me to make a arrows. I made the arrows several months with this theme involved but had to add red and green colored feathers to the first set of black feathers I had on them. The I had to arrange these in my studio to look like the original image. I was able to do this by using many fishing lines to suspend the bows in Las Jaras. The final image is my version of Las Jaras.